Overcast · 50°
There are three shelters in Diamond Lake Park, reservable for a fee of $50.00 per day.
Please make your shelter reservation at least 2 weeks before the day of the event. Call our office at 641-623-3191 to confirm that the shelter you want to reserve is actually available on the date you are requesting.
Park Shelters Map Reservation Form
Diamond Lake Shelters
Shelter Rules & Regulations
- There is a $50 fee per day to reserve one of the three shelter houses located at Diamond Lake Park (Main Shelter, #2 Shelter, and #3 Shelter).
- Please make your shelter reservation at least 2 weeks before the day of the event. Call the County Conservation Office at 641-623-3191 to confirm that the shelter you want to reserve is actually available on the date you are requesting.
- There are no refunds for shelter reservations for weather-related issues.
- A shelter reservation sign will be posted by county conservation staff the morning of the event.
- Free-standing directional signs with stakes can be paced in the ground to aid visitors, but directional/informational signs cannot be attached to existing park signs, posts, or trees. Those posted signs must be removed after the event.
- Only free-standing and non-adhesive decorations may be used in the shelters. The use of glitter, confetti of any size, or water balloons is not allowed. The use of tape, tacks/pins, nails and staples on shelter posts is prohibited. There are hooks on each shelter post to hang banners or signs with string.
- Please place all trash in trash cans.
- Pick up any litter around the shelter house or playground area.
- Please leave the shelter and restrooms in good clean condition when you are finished with your event. Please wipe down and clean all picnic tables and the concrete serving table.
- If you use a grill, please allow the charcoal to cool down on its own. Do not use water or dirt/sand to put out the fire. Please do not throw hot charcoals in the trash or in the woods, county conservation staff will clean the grills the following day.
- The park closes at 10:00 p.m. The shelter must be cleaned prior to vacating for the evening. Please plan to have your function over by 9:00 p.m. in order to clean the shelter before the park closes.
- No camping is permitted adjacent to the shelters, except for the #2 shelter where camping is permitted 150 feet from the shelter.
- No amplified (or loud) music is permitted in the shelters that will impact other park users. Music must be contained to the area immediately around the shelter.
- Keg beer is allowed through a keg beer permit only. Renter must obtain permit from county conservation staff at least 30 days prior to the rental. A damage deposit (minimum $100) is required.