Central Iowa Community Services – Poweshiek County
Office Hours 8:00-4:30 Mon-Fri
Poweshiek County Community Services is a part of the CICS Region. CICS is a ten county region that was formulated under the Iowa Code Chapter 28E to create a mental health and disability service region in compliance with Iowa Code 331.390. Central Iowa Community Services (CICS) provides coordination and financial support for mental health and disability services to individuals located in the 10 county area.
Who is eligible for funding?
- Have a diagnosis of mental illness, intellectual disability, or a developmental disability
- Meet specified income and resource guidelines
- Reside in Poweshiek County
- Complete an assessment process to determine service needs
To begin the process you can fill out the referral form located in the box, complete an application or schedule at time to meet with the Service Coordinator.
- Mental Health Services
- Supported Employment
- Supported Community Living
- Respite Services
- Day Hab
- Service Coordination
- General Assistance
For other service needs refer to the Management Plan below.
- Susan Hiner, Administrative Assistant/Poweshiek County General Assistance Director
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Daily, Service Coordinator
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jody Eaton, Chief Executive Officer
- Betsy Stursma, Coordination Officer
Link to CICS Regional website:
PO Box 401
200 4th Avenue West
Grinnell, IA 50112
Phone: (641) 236-9199 Fax: (641) 236-1349
Office Hours 8:00-4:30 Mon – Fr