Diamond Lake Park
98 Acre Lake
Fish Cleaning Station
Shelters and Picnic Areas Click here for a map of picnic shelters
Camping w/Electric & Primitive
2 Waste Water Dumping Stations
2 Shower Facilities
Hard Surface Biking/Hiking Trails
- Shelter Reservation $50.00 per day (Click here for a map showing park shelters) (Click here for a shelter reservation form)
- Camping is a first come – first serve basis (No reservations are taken)
Primitive Camping $10.00 per night
Camping w/Electricity $20.00 per night
- 14 day stay limit is enforced on all camp sites
Camping at Diamond Lake Park is Permitted All Year!
Facilities will be opened and closed when the weather dictates
Water will be turned on and off when the weather dictates
Electricity will remain on year-round
Diamond Lake Park Rules
The Poweshiek County Conservation Board welcomes you t Diamond Lake Park and invites you to utilize all of our community conversation areas. Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated.
In order that we may continue to provide you with a rewarding outdoor recreational experience we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
- Each camper or tent must be registered before setting up the campsite. The camper or tent may be left unattended for more than 24 hours if the camper or tent is registered for the nights in which the owner is absent.
- Camping is permitted only in designated areas and a two week time limit is set.
- Fires are permitted in fire rings only. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT move the fire rings.
- Fire wood can be collected in the park. the tree or branches must be dead and lying on the ground and only hand saws can be used.
- All garbage must be placed in the trash can or taken home with you. Do not litter or transport trash into the park for dumping.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and any pet waste must be cleaned up by the owner.
- Fishing with minnows is prohibited.
- Bass and walleye length limit is 15 inches. Bass and walleye less than 15 inches must be released under water immediately with as little injury as possible.
- Boats are restricted to electric trolling motors only.
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Use of ATV’s and golf carts is prohibited in any county conservation area, including roads and trails.
We also wish to remind park users not to remove, destroy or injure trees, shrubs, plants, flowers or any other natural attractions so that Diamond Lake may remain a sanctuary for your outdoor enjoyment. “Leave nothing but footsteps and take nothing but pictures and memories.”
Poweshiek County Conservation Board
P.O. Box 666, Montezuma, IA 50171
Office (641) 623-3191 Ranger on duty (641) 990-3479