Poweshiek County Auditor
Missy Eilander, Auditor/Commissioner of Elections – January 2007
Laura Tish – April 2006
Nikki Talbert – November 2016
Susan Gray – May 2019
Duties of the Poweshiek County Auditor
Clerk to the Board of Supervisors
- Schedules and posts Board of Supervisors Agenda. Records and preserves Board minutes and publishes proceedings in official newspapers.
- The Auditor is the Custodian of the Courthouse under the direction of the Board of Supervisors.
- Responsible for official documents, Resolutions, contracts, leases and ordinances.
- Compile, calculate and monitor the County operating budget
- Prepare annual financial report
- Record all financial claims against the County and issue checks for all claims allowed by the Board of Supervisors
- Prepare County payroll and issue payroll checks to all employees
- Serve as Trust Officer of the County Self Funded Health Insurance Plan
- Registers voters and maintains all voter registration records
- Prepares and supervises the printing a ballots
- Issues absentee ballots
- Trains election workers
- Conducts elections – Primary, general, city, school and special
- Prepare canvass and certificates of election
- 2020 Unofficial Primary Election Results
- 2020 Official Special School Board/City Counsel Results
- 2019 City/School Election Official Results
- 2018 Official General Election Results
- 2018 Official Grinnell-Newburg School Bond Election Results
- 2018 Official Primary Election Results
- 2017 Official School Election Results
- 2017 Official City Election Results
- 2016 Primary Official Election Results
- 2016 General Official Election Results
- PRIMARY ELECTION – POLLING LOCATIONS
- Republican Sample Ballots
- Democrat Sample Ballots
- Vote Safe – Poweshiek County
- ABSENTEE VOTING ENCOURAGED FOR PRIMARY ELECTION
- New Voter ID Mailing
- Official Absentee Ballot Request Form
- Official IOWA Voter Registration Form
- Maintain official county plat books showing owners of all lands and town lots in Poweshiek County.
- Enter all real estate deeds in plat and transfer books after being recorded. Record and file change of title estates.
- Compute tax levies, prepare tax list, and certify same to the County Treasurer for collection.
- Prepare real estate valuation reports for other taxing entities budget preparation
- Administer tax incremental financing districts
- Real Estate Levy Rates 2018, Payable 2019-2020
- Archived Levy Rates
- Online Historical Index Books
- Secretary for the Civil Service Commission
- Issue Cigarette license to all applicants outside the City limits with Board of Supervisors approval
- Sell plat books
Office Hours 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Auditor’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
POWESHIEK COUNTY AUDITOR
P.O. BOX 57
302 E. MAIN
MONTEZUMA, IA 50171