Partly cloudy · 54°
The County Auditor enters and maintains records of all real estate transfers in the County.
Archived records include paper transfer books through January 1, 2018.
Current Real Estate Records
Iowa Land Records
For archived records after January 2018, they can be found in Iowa Land Records.
Auditor Real Estate Duties
- Maintain official county plat books showing owners of all lands and town lots in Poweshiek County.
- Enter all real estate deeds in plat and transfer books after being recorded. Record and file change of title estates.
- Compute tax levies, prepare tax list, and certify same to the County Treasurer for collection.
- Prepare real estate valuation reports for other taxing entities budget preparation
- Administer tax incremental financing districts