Light rain shower · 73°

Military Records

How to request and receive a copy of military records

Military discharge papers may be recorded as permanent records in Poweshiek County at no charge.

Certified copies and photocopies of these recorded documents are provided at no charge to entitled individuals and may be requested in person or by mail using the application below.

Certified Copy of Military Records Application

Additional Resources

Veterans Affairs
Russ Schuck, Director
200 4th Ave W
Lower Level
Grinnell, IA 50112
Phone: 641-236-5722

Back · Poweshiek County Recorder