Wildlife Habitat Education Program (WHEP) Resources
The WHEP team meets once a week on Zoom from November to May. If you have a youth who would be interested in signing up contact Naturalist Amy for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2022, the students learned about animals of urban areas as well as animals in the tallgrass prairie. In addition to identifying these animals, and knowing about their life histories, team members must know about different wildlife management practices such as setting back habitat succession, surveying wildlife populations, or planting native species to impact wildlife populations.
Click here for a video overview of the 2022 Iowa WHEP competition.
The materials below are study materials from the 2021-2022 season. Check them out and see how you do!
- Vocab Review Flashcards 1
- Vocab Review Flashcards 2
- Species ID + Spelling Games
- Prairies Sounds, Tracks, & Animal ID
- Prairie Jeopardy Review (State 4-H)
- Urban Jeopardy Review (State 4-H)
- 2022 Wildlife Review Jeopardy Game